Marlow Hunter

Mikem

Dec 20, 2009
Hunter 466 Bremerton
Did anyone get a look at the new H42 SS that was scheduled for display at the St Pete Tampa show?

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
Is that a rumor or a confirmed sighting? If it is not there by now I would bot bother.

Bob R.

Jun 5, 2004
Marlow-Hunter 40 Pasadena, MD
I have been monitoring the Marlow Hunter website and Facebook page and the St Petersburg Boat Show site for additional photos or information on the new MH 42SS, so far nothing but confirmation that MH is represented at the show and they do have boats there. Anybody attending this weekend please post photos, interior and exterior along with your impressions about the boat layout, construction, equipment and pricing. I am interested in buying a new 40-42 ft boat, have not been able to get any information directly from MH on the new boat, and no longer have a dealer in the entire Chesapeake Bay region to assist in getting information. I have owned and sailed our 2002 H356 for 10 years and love the design, layout and quality and would prefer to buy another Hunter. I have been working with area dealers for Jeanneau, Hanse, Catalina, and Beneteau and am not satisfied with what I have seen in their 40-42-ft boats.

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
Yes Marlow Hunter had a new 31,42,47 and there was a 37 and all looked
really really good forsure.
Nick

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
It is a shame all the old molds just sitting out there and not covered up. I wonder if marlor hunter has any business sense as others would have done so

Apr 13, 2015
Catalina 309 Port Charlotte
Saw the 42ss at the show yesterday. Sorry no pics. Didn't pay too much attention as I can't afford it and I'm not in the market...but just walked around on it for a brief bit.

I will say this, the interior layout seemed very nice. For one thing, the admiral noted she really like the galley layout and the extensive amount of storage space.

For my part, the only comment I have is, after climbing the companionway steps the short walk across the bridge deck was with very short headroom clearance to the dodger. I'm 6-2 and really had to crunch down to make it from the top step to the cockpit.

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
My wife really did like how open the main saloon was and no pole in middle of table and would be easy to move around when we entertain and when we cruise with our club PGSC we travel with many other boats and yes do eat out a lot but do like having a few sailors on our boat for happy hour and dinner and these new open layouts would be great for that but maybe too much open for when the boat is rocking and rolling and holding on or have a place to grab for her when we are sailing and she is down below trying to make lunch or a drink for me while I am sailing.
We love our 2007 H-36 with not many steps up and down,so easy for her to hand me some thing to drink or eat when sailing.
A lot of good things with the new boats but maybe depending how you use your boat.
Nick

Bob R.

Jun 5, 2004
Marlow-Hunter 40 Pasadena, MD
dave_and_dd, thanks for your comments on the MH 42SS. You answered one of my questions and concerns, whether it had a bridge step up from the cockpit to the companionway. We have looked at a couple of MH 40's that have 2 steps up and an uncomfortable squeeze to get under the dodger. I am 6'-4" and am forced almost to my knees to get through. I was hoping that was not going to be the case with the 42SS. The owner's cabin must be in the stern. I was hoping they would put it in the bow like all of the other brands with this size boat.