Mariner 2+2 CB change

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Richard Silpe

I have a copy of an article that appeared in the October 1986 issue of "Notice to Mariners" that shows what I believe to be a fantastic solution to the problem of the center board line wearing out the top of the center board trunk on these boats. The only catch is that you need a piece of equipment from Seaway Marine and they appear to be out of business. Does anyone have other solutions or know where I can obtain a Seaway model B-093 swivel cam cleat? Thanks for your help.

J

Justin - O'day Owners' Web

Have you checked other block manufacturers?

Richard, Don't know where to find a seaway block, you might try www.rigrite.com. They have a bunch of older stuff. You should also look through the catalogs for the other block manufacturers; they make an incredible amount of stuff, much more than you'll find at West Marine or any other store real or virtual. Check out Schaefer, Harken, Garhauer, Ronstan Justin - O'day Owners' Web

D

Dale Weston

Any Luck?

Any luck? I'm rebuilding my centerboard and will be installing a new cable soon. Thanks, Dale

R

Richard Silpe

Part Found!

As it happens I was at Newport Nautical Supply, in Newport RI, this week and found a similar part that is stamped "WACO 360" and I have great expectations that it will work perfectly. Newport Nautical Supply deals in "previously owned" merchandise on a consignment basis. The part was only $10.00.

D

Dale Weston

Mariner CB change part

Glad to hear the good news. So, what's it look like? Any ideas on me finding one? Thanks, Dale

R

Richard Silpe

Description of part

The part consists of a mounting bracket that is about 4"x 1.5" that holds a 4"x 1"tube in bushings vertically, the tube swivels 360 degrees. Attached to the top edge of the tube is a horizontal sheeve and jam cleat. The center board line comes off the drum, is turned 90 degrees to vertical by going around another block,than is feed through the tube, over the sheeve and through the cam cleat. The bottom of the cam cleat is ABOVE the center board trunk and, since it is attached to the tube, swivels 360 degrees making is possible to adjust the centerboard from anywhere in the cockpit. Pretty slick arrangement, good hunting.

Status
Not open for further replies.