Mariner 19 on its trailer -- how high, how wide?

Dec 28, 2020
O'Day 19 Marina Del Rey
I'm thinking about getting a centerboard Mariner 19 from the 1970s. But my driveway has some limitations. Can any owners tell me the width of the trailer and the height of their boat with the mast set down? I understand that there will be variations based on trailer design and methods of stowing the mast. But any numbers I could get will help.

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Welcome to the forum!!

Can you measure the sailboat with the trailer on it? If not, consider contacting Triad Trailers for assistance.

Jul 30, 2019
Seaward 25 777 Fort St. James
It depends on the make of trailer and the angle of your mast. My 20 is almost identical to your boat in overall dimension. Figure 8'6" wide and 10' tall and you are unlikely to have problems. And a flat driveway, no humps.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Hi, JackOlsen. I commend you for your choice of sailing craft. I am the VP of Communication for the Mariner Class Association, the only group of sailors I think is as great as SBO.
My own 1973 Mariner 2+2 cb is slightly wider than my trailer. Here is a link to https://sailboatdata.com/sailboat/mariner-19-cb
The Mariner is a beatiful boat with sleek lines. The CB version sits right down on the trailer, with her slim topsides, I don't think mine is over eight feet with the mast laid across the cabin top.

There won't be many boats in her class that take up less room.

I'm not home, so I can't measure my boat for you, but seven feet wide by eight feet tall is a good ballpark measurement.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Jul 30, 2019
Seaward 25 777 Fort St. James
Will's post just emphasises that you will have to get measurements from your particular boat. My trailer is wider than my boat, which is 7' the same as yours. As you can see, it is well over 8' wide. My mast rests 6" clear of the cabin roof, and slopes upward to the rear where it sits on a crotch. No point guessing if it is critical.

20210226_154623.jpg