Marinebeam

Feb 2, 2010
Island Packet 37 Hull #2 Harpswell Me
Has anybody had recent dealings with Marinebeam. I have placed an order a week ago, my credit card has gone through but i cannot get an email or phone response from him, starting to get concerned.

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
It's been four years, but I placed multiple orders with them over 14 months, and had no problems. I seem to remember them sometimes being hard to get hold of by phone, but when you get through, anyone I talked to knew the product line well, and had suggestions on what might work best for my (multiple) applications. I never tried email. I would keep trying by phone. They make fabulous products.

I had the impression they were very small, perhaps as few as two guys, doing it all - engineering, research, design, sales, website, shipping, etc. I may be giving them too much credit. However, a google search says they are located inside another business, so this may be a second or third endeavor for the principals. I wouldn't worry for at least another week.

If you get truly concerned, call the Better Business Bureau in Charleston SC and ask them if they have had any complaints.

ETA: Their website says clearly (at the top) that ongoing Covid-19 measures may result in delays. I know we get tired of hearing that, and a lot of folks think Covid is over, but if it really is just a few folks it wouldn't take much of a set of circumstances to affect things.

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Suggest advising the vendor you are canceling the order and request a refund AND call your your credit card company to credit your the charge made against this vendor.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
I ordered a light a few weeks ago and it was delivered within about 5 days.

Have you logged in and checked the status of your order?

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
I have one of their flashlights. It is a great product.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I wonder about them. No action on Social media in quite awhile. Did not participate in the 2020 boat show.
Not answering their phones nor responding to emails.

Has me wondering.

arf145

Nov 4, 2010
Beneteau 331 Deale, MD
Just bought a couple of LEDs from them a month ago with no problems and fairly quick delivery.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
I think it time to send @rgranger on a mission.

Marine Beam is located in Charleston and since Rob lives in Charleston, they are in his jurisdiction.

Your mission, if you decide to accept it, is to knock on the doors of MarineBeam.com and see what's up. :huh:

Marinebeam
660 Riverland Drive, Ste B
Charleston, SC 29412

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
Or someone could call the screen printing business that apparently rents them space and ask what's up.

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
I'd give them a little more time. With boat sales through the roof, they could be overwhelmed with orders.
That and the postal service is still slow. I only ship via UPS these days.

Feb 2, 2010
Island Packet 37 Hull #2 Harpswell Me
Just got an email saying my parts are on the way which is good, i guess they are just bad at answering the phone, listening and responding to voicemail or emails.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Just got an email saying my parts are on the way which is good, i guess they are just bad at answering the phone, listening and responding to voicemail or emails.
Maybe, but they probably read these forums.