Marine Stereo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2005
- - Satellite Beach, FL.
Just came up from the boat after installing (and listening to) this system. I'm a very happy customer!
Tried the tuner on mt favorite old rock stations and my MP3 and the sound was excellant.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
It's good deal for those who are looking for a good stereo and who have the room for it.

Oct 26, 2005
- - Satellite Beach, FL.
Yeah Stu, when I opened the box I was thinking it was way more than I wanted on my little boat but then decided to heck with it and forged ahead.
As it turned out it doesn't take up much room. The amp/CD part is about the size of a car stereo and I mounted it above the sliding doors in the face of a cabinet and surface mounted the control head on the inside of the house just inside the companionway. I would have preferred flush mount but don't have a place that it would fit.

Jan 28, 2012
I've just traded for an Oday 22 and it's in need of some TLC. It also needs a marine stereo. Any help with direction would be great! Thanks

Oct 26, 2005
- - Satellite Beach, FL.
I was going to just pick up a cheap name brand car stereo from Wally World but this thing is MUCH better than anything I would have been able to find within my budget (+/- $100).
The instructions are good and the wiring is easy. The control head is made to be out in the elements but I put mine inside.
See in the pics that my cabin is small compared to newer boats, I was able to fit the larger component out of the way and safe.
The third pic is of the control unit, which is only something like 4"x5". The wire draped over it is the jack for MP3 players.
Pls excuse the mess, had a couple different projects going on and tools everywhere.

Attachments

Dec 28, 2009
Macgregor M25 trailer
I just saw an ad for a marine stereo that was about 3 inches in dia and 2 inches deep $99, I think it was Overtons

Fred

Sep 29, 2008
Catalina 310 #185 Quantico
Does it do HD Radio

A lot of radio stations now broadcast digitally and overlay other programming on top of their regular analog frequency. Does it do that?

Oct 10, 2010
Hunter H260 Gull Lake
iboats.com has the same item on sale for $56.85 and currently has a $5.00 off on top of that. Really cheap!

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Nice posts. If you're looking for stereo equipment, don't forget www.crutchfield.com. You can find the equipment, then do comparison shopping on the internet. Crutchfield has an amazing assortment of stuff. I got my equipment from them at a good price. Unless you either have a very, very wet boat, or if you can find a deal like this one, there is really no need to get "marinized" stuff. One solution is always good ventilation on your boat, OR use it more often - great excuse to ventilate, ventilate, ventilate! :):):)

Tim R.

May 27, 2004
Caliber 40 Long Range Cruiser Portland, Maine
+1 for Crutchfield. They also have superior customer service.

Status
Not open for further replies.