marine batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

george vican

I need two new gp 27 batteries - is any brand a standout? ( west marine) (interstate) (boat us) etc

R

Rob

Hindsight....

I just purchased 2 new group 31 batteries from West Marine. They are great batteries, however, in hindsight I should have gone with a four 6V batteries. For the minimal extra $$, I could have over doubled my AH and had much more durable batteries.... Just a thought.

B

Bob Camarena

Costco

I don't know the brand, but the batteries I've purchased at Costco seem to perform as well as anything else I've used and the price is right. I'm also seriously considering converting to 6v golf cart batteries as well the next time around. I had them in a previous boat and was very pleased. The're very durable with much heavier plates that standard marine batteries. I've found that the type of charger used makes a huge difference in battery longevity. When I converted to a multi-stage charger, my batteries last much longer. Apparently my old charger was "cooking the batteries.

B

Brian D

4/ 6volt

I have 4 6 volt batteries on bank #2 three of them are under the bottom drawyer under the sink, and the other one is next to my 12 v starting, standby battery under the setie in front of the nav station. I am planning on replacing the 4, 6v batteries this spring, I did not know Sams had them, thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.