Marine Air CM16H - Suggested water pump

Mhkent

May 21, 2020
Irwin Citation 34 Corpus Christi
I have a Marine Air CM16H that is/was running great and the water pump went out.

Can someone suggest a good replacement pump?

Feb 10, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Warwick, RI
What does the owners manual specify? I have Marine Air 16K and 5K units that use one water pump. I thought my pump was failing and I investigated purchasing a rebuild kit. The kit was almost as costly as a new pump. So I bought a complete new pump. Then I discovered that the pump wasn't failing at all. So I have a new pump still in the box. Are you certain that your pump is really bad?

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
I've had incredibly good service from the Little Giant 115vac magnetic drive pumps. The one for the A/C and the one for the refrigeration have both been in service for over 10 years. Both operate below the water line so they are not in the driest part of the boat. Measure the input hose fitting and output hose fitting on your present pump and get the same in the Little Giant line. If the hoses do not line up to the fittings, the pump can be turned on the motor to suit, which the March/Dometic water cooled pump cannot do.

Apr 1, 2012
Pearson 424 Charleston, SC
I’ve had a lot of trouble with my ac pumps for some reason, maybe it’s the heavily silted water in Charleston. I’m on my 3rd pump in three years! Three years ago I replaced the pump that the boat came with, it worked for the two years we owned the boat plus however many with the po. I replaced it with a Koolair ceramic shaft, water cooled pump that lasted two seasons then died. I replaced that with the little giant(ac manufactures suggested pump) which lasted 6 weeks! I now have a march/dometic ceramic shaft, water cooled pump. We’ll see how long that lasts.
There’s nothing fancy about my install, I have a groko strainer, the pump is below the waterline, and the head is about 4 feet. I’m using 500 gph pumps as suggested by the ac manufacturer.

MitchM

Jan 20, 2005
Nauticat 321 pilothouse 32 Erie PA
both of my marine aiirs ran well w march pumps . i installed filters to keep the great lakes barnacles and algae out of the march ( es ) and never had a problem with them. if you take the march apart to service or clean it don't lose he little plastic part that makes sure the impeller will turn...

Jul 23, 2009
Beneteau 31 Oceanis Grand Lake, Oklahoma
I think the March LC3CP-MD is the same as the Dometic PML500L. My boat came with the Dometic pump and a 12k BTU AC unit. It's enough pump for a 16k and I just upgraded to a 16k two weeks ago, seems fine.