Marina Services Near Washington D.C.

Nov 1, 2020
Hunter 27 Annapolis
Hello.

I'm new to boating and still doing my research before buying anything. I live near Alexandria, VA, in the D.C. area. I know of many marinas on the Chesapeake for haul-out, repair and maintenance services. But I'm wondering who people use on the northern parts of the Potomac for non-trailer boats- even just for a haul, power wash, and bottom painting.

Thank you,

Marshall

Apr 12, 2007
Hunter 420 Herrington Harbor South
Check Occoquan VA. Just on the right on Hwy 1 heading south just after you pass the bridge. Small marina with a lift. Don't remember the name. I used it when I had a Hunter 27 on the river. They mostly deal with power boats but I had some bottom work done there. I am sure they have something in Washington Harbor in DC but bet it would cost a bundle.

Apr 26, 2016
CATALINA 27 27 Washington DC
Washington Sailing Marina has haul, wash, and paint services. They did an excellent paint job on our Catalina 27 in 2018. If you need someone to come out and work on your boat try Mad Jack marine service, you can find him on Facebook. If your catalina 25 is a swing keel and you want inexpensive work done, try Skip at Bell haven marina.

Nov 1, 2020
Hunter 27 Annapolis
Check Occoquan VA. Just on the right on Hwy 1 heading south just after you pass the bridge. Small marina with a lift. Don't remember the name. I used it when I had a Hunter 27 on the river. They mostly deal with power boats but I had some bottom work done there. I am sure they have something in Washington Harbor in DC but bet it would cost a bundle.
Thank you, DRhoads. I'm looking at Occoquan Harbor Marina. Their service department mentioned they don't really work on small (< 10) outboards, so I'm still trying to figure out the logistics of getting an outboard removed and services away from the marina.

Sep 19, 2010
Beneteau 41 Deltaville, VA
We used to live in the Mount Vernon area, and before we moved I would take my old Hunter 26.5 across the Potomac to Ft. Washington Marina for haul-outs and bottom painting. It's a big, well-run facility, and they had an independent contractor (Pat's Boat Shop) on-site who did the painting and other work as needed. The owner, Pat O-Hara, was very honest and did good work at a good price. Based on a quick internet search, it looks like he is still in business there.

Nov 10, 2009
Hunter 410 Rock Hall, MD
For small engines, you might want to look for your local Vo-Tech school. They will often service engines for only the cost of parts. I did that with household small engines and got good and fast service. I threw in a couple of pizzas for good will.