Manual Pump

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lou Phillippi

There is a manual pump on my 28.5 in the cockpit lazarette. Frankly, I don't know if it is a manual waste or bilge pump. Can anyone tell me which it is? I also need to replace the rotted diaphragm. Does anyone know of a source?

R

Ray Pollard

Pump for holding tank

The pump is for the waste holding tank, though you ought to use a pump-out station rather than dump overboard! Don't know about replacement parts. I find that most systems on my '87 28.5 are out of production but some manufacturers have spare parts if you call. Look for a brand name.

K

Kevin

Pump

I have an 86 28.5 and the pump is a manual waste pump. By turning the"Y" value you are able to empty the holding tank with this pump. My pump has a white body made of plastic and is manufactured by Rule. ( the bilge pump people) I was able to get a replacement diaphragm from Defender in NY. You can get a complete replacement pump for about 40$, the diaphragm cost about 20 and lasted about three years so far.

L

Lou Phillippi

Thanks

Thanks for the information. I don't think I'll be manually discharging waste in the forseeable future, but I like to keep all systems functioning properly. Glad it wasn't working properly, however, when I tested it!

Status
Not open for further replies.