Manual Head replacement with new electric head

Oct 22, 2007
Catalina 310 Keuka Lake NY
I currently have a Wilcox Crittenden manual flush head on our 2003 Catalina 310. Any suggestions on a replacement head that has an electric flush? Looking for something that is compatible to existing plumbing that does not require huge retrofit to install.

Ted Pinelli

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
QUOTE="Ted Pinelli, post: 1261115, member: 72343"]I currently have a Wilcox Crittenden manual flush head on our 2003 Catalina 310. Any suggestions on a replacement head that has an electric flush? Looking for something that is compatible to existing plumbing that does not require huge retrofit to install. Ted Pinelli[/QUOTE]

Check out the Raritan SeaEra Raritan SeaEra which Practical Sailor rated the best "budget" electric macerating toilet. It's available as either a complete toilet or a "conversion" that allows you to re-use your existing bowl, seat and lid (your W-C bowl WILL fit) SeaEra Conversion Kit.

You would have to drill new mounting bolt holes and fill existing ones, and you'd also have to run a new dedicated circuit (both of which you'd have to do no matter what electric toilet you choose). You should be able to use your existing plumbing.

Don't even THINK of going with the Jabsco 29200 electric "conversion" that only replaces the manual pump with an electric macerating pump. Even Jabsco admits it's a very poor excuse for an electric toilet...it's noisy, power hungry--draws almost twice as many amps as any other electric toilet..."chokes" easily, and costs considerably more than any other electric "conversion."

If you decide to stick with a manual toilet, this would be your best choice by far: Raritan LBA Upgrade for almost any toilet

I'll be glad to answer any questions after you've have a chance to check all this out.

Sep 29, 2008
Catalina 310 #185 Quantico
I helped a friend replace his Jabsco with a Raritan electric flush model. It was not too bad to do. He has a 309 with the newer style pvc plumbing with those fittings you just shove in (Shark something?). We were able to get the plumbing parts from Home Depot. I tied into his fresh water line under the sink, and ran the power. The mounting holes did not exactly line up but that was easily fixed. If you need more information I can see what other info I have written down.

paulj

Mar 16, 2007
Catalina 310 Anacortes,Wa
I had a old electronic Wilcox Crittenden and the motor went out......WC went out of business... no parts.
With the old WC had a problem with the motor interfering with best mounting location.
The new head solved the all the mounting options allowing a small rotation and moving around for better fit when you sit on it and showering.
The new head will also allow you to use a smaller hose running to the waste tank....I did not do this because I had already installed a new hose, but this is a big is a positive for hose replacement options.

Best upgrade ever.....easy to install....best customer service.

Just some thoughts

paulj
:hook2:

Attachments

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
I had a manual WC headmate and switched to a sea Era
With no problem and easy fit and just new different base mounting holes

Dec 2, 1999
Hunter Vision-36 Rio Vista, CA.
We replaced our Jabsco with a raritan Seaera. Some of the mounting holes were reused. I think we had to add a short piece of waste hose. You also need an electrical hook up. Ours has been in place for over 8 years without any issues other than joker valve replacement.

gpd955

Feb 22, 2006
Catalina 310 Cape May, NJ
FWIW (I would trust Peggie over me!) we ended up with a Dometic MasterFlush 7100. Household size bowl and seat. Fit in the WC Newport footprint. We like it so far (one season, lots of use) and it is much quieter than the Newport! Just another option.