Mainsheet traveler upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Todd Osborne

The traveler on my 1981 C30 only has jam cleats to adjust my mainsheet traveler. Many other Catalinas have a block & pulley system to aid in moving ther traveller (especially under load!). Does anyone know If/who I can get hardware to add this to my traveler?

R

Richard

this company makes a complete taveler for a 30

http://www.garhauer.com/ They seem to be the company of choice for travelers and blocks.

T

Todd Osborne

Looks Like I found The Upgrade!

After further research I found that the arched (older) traveler track was made by Nico Frico (that's their name, honest!) this company was sold to RIG-RITE. After talking with their rep. It appears that my 1981 C30 has a NF-610 track. The even better news is that I can buy the upgrade kit and install it without any mods or drilling! The kit can be ordered by phone. You can view it on line. The kit is the "NF-610 A3". But do note that I haven't made it up to my boat to verify the specs (their track is 1 7/16" wide at the top).

B

Bob Camarena

Check Out Both

You might want to investigate a little more and check out both options, Nicro Fico vs. Garhauer before making your choice. Garhauer has a replacement kit designed for the C-30 that replaces everything, track, traveler, control blocks, etc. If you go the Garhauer route you end up with a flat traveler vs. the old style arched traveler. The flat traveler works better by placing a constant tension on the mainsheet as it's adjusted from side to side. The arched track "hardens up" on the mainsheet as it moves outboard. Check the prices, you may be surprised at how economical the Garhauer upgrade is given the extensiveness and advantages of it. Garhauer also makes a very nice and economical rigid vang.

Status
Not open for further replies.