Mainsheet traveler system

Mar 6, 2017
Bristol Corsair 24 Tampa
Hi again guys
Considering the upgrade of my factory stock mainsail controls on my Bristol 24. A Lewmar mainsheet traveler kit size 0 might be my choice. The sail area is 150 and this system covers up to 170. It would be installed end of boom. The one thinghy i need to find out tomorrow morning is if the rail included can be used to "bridge" over the tiller all the way back inside the cockpit.

As always, your input, advise and well intended observations are like pearls of wisdom to me. Thx in advance.
CRivera

FDL S2

Jun 29, 2014
S2 7.3 Fond du Lac
my S2 is 24’ also. I went with the Lewmar size 1 traveler instead of the size 0 for two reasons- I wanted the extra purchase of the size 1 (4:1 instead of 2:1) and I liked that it cleats in the center next to the main sheet instead of at the ends of the track. Mine is mid boom.

A search of pics of a Bristol 24 it looks like they didn’t come with a traveler, but from what I can see you can put it flat in front of the outboard well behind the tiller.

Can you post some pics of your cockpit?

Mar 6, 2017
Bristol Corsair 24 Tampa
my S2 is 24’ also. I went with the Lewmar size 1 traveler instead of the size 0 for two reasons- I wanted the extra purchase of the size 1 (4:1 instead of 2:1) and I liked that it cleats in the center next to the main sheet instead of at the ends of the track. Mine is mid boom.

A search of pics of a Bristol 24 it looks like they didn’t come with a traveler, but from what I can see you can put it flat in front of the outboard well behind the tiller.

Hi again guys
Considering the upgrade of my factory stock mainsail controls on my Bristol 24. A Lewmar mainsheet traveler kit size 0 might be my choice. The sail area is 150 and this system covers up to 170. It would be installed end of boom. The one thinghy i need to find out tomorrow morning is if the rail included can be used to "bridge" over the tiller all the way back inside the cockpit.

As always, your input, advise and well intended observations are like pearls of wisdom to me. Thx in advance.
CRivera
Trying to attach photo file of cockpit to no avail

Mar 6, 2017
Bristol Corsair 24 Tampa

Hi
Your choice seems to be a good one. Im going to follow. What kind and size of line for my 150 square feet main? And ill neef a new standing with spring fiddle block with adjustable cam and becket to handle such line(can't wsit to place the order)
Thx for your input... Very grateful
CRivera

Mar 6, 2017
Bristol Corsair 24 Tampa
Hi
Your choice seems to be a good one. Im going to follow. What kind and size of line for my 150 square feet main? And ill neef a new standing with spring fiddle block with adjustable cam and becket to handle such line(can't wsit to place the order)
CRivera
Mine would be boom end.

FDL S2

Jun 29, 2014
S2 7.3 Fond du Lac
Hi
CRivera
My lines are all 5/16” Sta-set X.

I don’t think you will need a new standing block. You will probably just need double blocks for the main sheet.

I can’t find any good pictures of my traveler and main sheet, but I will take a few this afternoon and post them so you can see what mine looks like.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2017
Bristol Corsair 24 Tampa

Hi again
I got tbe same Lewmar you installed on your boat. Now then, the installation of mine would be on a "beam" track to bridge the span over the tiller. Part # 29161520BK black. It says that 3 bolts on ea side, ect. Im sending for 5feet and then cut as necessary and adjust. Do the holes come drilled already on this? (i hope not 'cause i would likebto do that myself)
Could you enlighten me on this details since I've never done this?
and thanks

Mar 6, 2017
Bristol Corsair 24 Tampa

Forgot to include that tje heavy duty beam track comes in 3 different thickness i guess(?) 1.0 m. 1.5 m. and 2.0 m
Theres also a note written:
"the moment of inertia is used to calculate the stiffness of material section(?) moment of inertia(?)
I guess 2.0 sounds best.
Im also gonna need the end caps of these new rail, anything else?

C

FDL S2

Jun 29, 2014
S2 7.3 Fond du Lac
The holes aren’t predrilled on the traveler track there is a channel on the bottom that allows you to match the bolts(I think it is designed for 1/4” bolts, but I’m not sure) to pre existing, or holes you drill.
My traveler doesn’t span an open space so I didn't have to worry about a beam. Because of this I don’t know what thickness of beam track you should use, but it seems like you are erring on the side of heavy duty, which is what I would do too.