Mainsheet is in the way on Hunter 33

Sep 27, 2008
Hunter 33 salem
Any clever way to run the mainsheet control line away from my guests siting in the cockpit?
I would prefer not change the traveler is at this late stage in the boat's and my life.....

Sep 27, 2008
Hunter 33 salem
Sorry, I am a considerable distance from our boat. I swiped this from the net...

As you can see-the traveler is a deadly item for non-sailor guests.

Just getting the control line rerouted would be helpful.

Anyone done anything like that???

Screenshot 2023-05-11 233340.png

JBP-PA

Apr 29, 2022
Jeanneau Tonic 23 Erie, PA
Many people move the whole traveler to an arch over the companionway, but you don't want to do that. You could switch to twin mainsheets, which doesn't use the traveler.

Oct 6, 2007
Hunter H30 1982 Chicago IL
A double ended mainsheet on the cabintop or end boom sheeting with twin mainsheets just in front of the helm are the only two options I can think of if you don’t want to move the traveler to the cabintop.
You would be getting rid of the traveler with either option.
Double ended on the cabintop gets it out of the way, except for two cabintop mainsheet lines.
Twin mainsheets would be within reach from the helm, but are still a bit of an obstruction in the cockpit and add some complexity to tacking.

Jun 21, 2007
Hunter Cherubini 36_80-82 Sausalito / San Francisco Bay
Lot's of postings on this forum over many years about cockpit vs cabintop traveler location.

Go to this search page >> Search threads.

Enter cockpit traveler as the search term. Choose "Cherubini Hunters" as the forum to search. Almost all the threads are about relocating the traveler. But perhaps somewhere in them you might find a nugget for alternative routing of the mainsheet which might give some improvement for guests. Happy reading!