Mainsail reefing

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kevin Malone

I have single line reefing for first reef only (and only on leech) and would like to add single line for second reef point, perhaps to include leech and luff, though I suspect simple is good and will run line only to leech. Anyone done this mod and have ideas? Thanks

E

Ed

Second reef on a Capri 26

I recently purchased a 1990 Capri 26 that came with both reef lines for the leech/clew of the main run through the boom to the mast base and up to a cleat.I assume the factory version is the same but with just one such line,the other being used for the topping lift. The DPO made the change and with some modifications I like the setup.The topping lift is now a wire from the masthead to a couple feet above the boom end with a line and a small purchase to adjust the topping lift. To reef I go forward to the mast, hook the luff reef cringle on the reefing hook and then pull on the clew tensioning reef line until the foot is tight and cleat it off at the mast. It works well without too much friction. I have thought about single line reefing but think it would not work as easily.I don't know how clear that all was but if you have any questions let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.