Main Sail Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 5, 2013
Seafarer 23 challenger Islip
Hi,

I had the unfortunate experience of tearing my main sail a few weeks ago. I have been looking for a used replacement but not many options out there for seafarers. Does anyone know a good fit for a 1982 seafarer 23 challenger. Thanks for all your help.

Tom

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Tom, you simply need measurements, rather than boat-specific searches, 'cuz your boat isn't a "popular" one design like most Catalinas, Hunters or others.

Measure your luff and foot and start looking. Bacon Sails in the east, Minney's in the west, Sail Warehouse online, and any local lofts (many have used sails) should be your first sources.

Good luck.

Dec 25, 2008
Catalina 34 St. Simons Island
Jul 5, 2012
Seafarer 30 Holyrood, NL
Hi Tom,
If you're looking for a used sail start by measuring the remains of the one you tore.
However...I'd also consider a new sail. FX sails, Far East, Precision and others have a database for sail sizes for thousands of boats, yours included. On a couple of occasions I started out looking for a used sail but found that for a few dollars more I could buy a new one. I've heard some badmouth these "discount" sails but I've purchased them and found them to be of good quality and value.

Cheers,
Seafarer Don
Seafarer 30-tall rig

Status
Not open for further replies.