Main plexiglass hatch storage

Jun 9, 2019
Hunter H240 West Kelowna
Hello H240 owners.

I have my 2003 H240 and busy customizing as we all do. Where do you store the 3 plexiglass pieces of your main hatch when sailing? Has anyone designed a storage rack?

cheers
Al

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
On my H26 I have a very nice bag with pockets designed to hold t The pieces. It keeps them from getting scratched. The entire thing fits in the cockpit locker but... there are things in the locker (like the air horn and dock lines) that I want to have access to... so I usually lay the bag on the aft berth. This pic is not mine but mine looks a lot like this one..

1590102734994.png

I have also seen people build a bracket against the head bulkhead and slip them in there.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
If you like the bag idea... do a google search for a "hatch board bag".

Feb 18, 2011
Hunter 260 Cave Run Lake, KY
Actually I did build a storage rack on my H240. The hatch boards fit in the aft fuel locker standing vertically, with the longest one in back. I cut slots in some scrap thick starboard (2"?) to make 2 brackets to hold them upright. You could also use teak. I used a table saw to cut the slots, and the brackets are through bolted to the floor of the locker (access below in battery compartment). I don't have a very good photo but can take some better ones this weekend. They are secure and there is plenty of room in the locker for my 3 gallon gas tank. If you have a 6 gallon tank might not be enough room.

Attachments