main halyard stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 22, 2011
lancer 25 mission bay san diego
hi, i just bought a lancer 25 last week and after cleaning it for 3 days decided to try her out. the main halyard doesn't budge, its frozen stuck. how can i get up there to see whats wrong??

Nov 26, 2007
Lancer 25 SoCal
Good evening rn4sail. These boats are made to put on a trailer and the mast comes down fairly easy. When raising / lowering the mast I use the boom as a gen pole. I attach one of the halyards to the end of the boom and a 4x block and tackle from the end of the boom and a line I run between the two stern cleats. To keep the boom centered I rig a preventer between the boom bail and toe rail. Then I pull mast up / down, keeping the rigging free of obstructions. OR

If I have a couple of people with me we can just walk the mast up or down as the case may be.

I have a 79 L25 and I must loosen one top and one mid shroud (opposite sides) otherwise there is to much tension on the rigging / tabernackle, which I had to replace after trying to raise the mast the first time. Send me a message if you need more information. Also, I'm planning on sailing in the San Diego area in mid August. Steve

Attachments

Jul 22, 2011
lancer 25 mission bay san diego
steve
thanks so much, i got that handled now i'm dealing with electrical problems...
debbie

Status
Not open for further replies.