“Maiden”

Dec 1, 1999
Hunter 28.5 Chesapeake Bay
Go see the movie “Maiden,” about the first all-female crew to compete in the 1989 Whitbread Race around the world. True grit. Well-worth seeing.

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
My wife and I are going tonight after work. I'd been reading about it and was looking where in my area I could see it. Found a theater not far away and tonight is date night! LOL

dj

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
We went as a club last month and filled the balcony of the local artsy theater where it was showing. Great movie.

Jun 29, 2010
Beneteau First 235 Lake Minnetonka, MN
Was there with Jackdaw and a bunch of club members and I second the sentiment. Great story, well done film.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I've been waiting for someone besides the typical movie critics to give a review on this. Thanks guys!
Would you say this is what I call a "big screen movie" or a "wait until I can watch it on TV movie"?

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
The 89 Whitbread was the first real ocean race where cinematic videography was possible. So the action shots in the film, used (correctly) to show the scale of the terror and grandeur of the southern ocean are best seen on the big screen. That being said, the emotional aspect of the story will come across no matter what size screen you see it on.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
I saw it this afternoon - Wednesday. Big screen for sure. It was GREAT. I got more than misty-eyed during some of it- especially the ending. This may be the last week in the theaters here, so don't put off seeing it.

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
My wife and I both really loved it. She's not a sailor. Just a perspective...

dj