Macgregor 26X off-shore crossings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 27, 2005
- - Sri Lanka
Per request centerboard photo's

Back view of board & weighted 'wing' (which I will be glassing upon return).

Nov 27, 2005
- - Sri Lanka
Rudder Mounts

Per request, the rudder mounts: 3/8 Aluminum plate with 20 layer Carbon inserts. There is also a rod that is used to attach the back sides of the rudder mounts together to help dampen & keep them in line with each other in heavy seas.

Nov 27, 2005
- - Sri Lanka
Ripped-Off Engine

I would like to request anyone in the Tahoe, Reno & Northern Calif. area to keep an eye out for a new 2005 18hp. Nissan long shaft electric/hand start Engine with scrape marks along the upper shaft coweling & several small scratches on the cover, that is being sold by an individual. It was taken off my boat sometime in the last several days, and they managed to really trash the moterwell when they cut the bolts & lock. Please help by posting this about as a long shaft on a new electric/hand 18hp. is a bit rare. Thanks for any help you can provide. Regards, Maddmike

J

James Veenstra

James V

Nice big anchors. Over 22 pounds? Did you need to do anything extra to put in the Anchor roller? Bigger cleats? Chaft guards? Anchor shock cords/bridal? How did you avoid the problems in the electrical that trouble other crusiers? Where did you put the generator?

Status
Not open for further replies.