Macgregor 25 standing rigging question

Nov 19, 2018
macgregor m25 puerto vallarta
Hello all, can anyone tell me if a 1/4" difference in the length of my upper shrouds (from one to the other) makes a big difference in the siability of the mast ? I just put together the new shrouds & noticed the difference. I haven't raised the mast yet but plan on going it soon, Thanks for any advice, in advance!

May 16, 2011
Macgregor V-25 Charlton, MA- Trailer
It should not. With new shrouds you will have to set and tension your rigging anyway. I have the stock tensioners and they work great. Look up setting up the rig on this site. Lots of good info. I level the boat right to left and level against the boot stripe front to back then go at it. Kind of like spokes on a wheel. Don't forget the rake. Angle to stern. The 25 does't need as much as the X. I think I set mine at 3-4". Use a string or topping lift with a plumb bob or weight on it secured to the back of the mast head. Subtract the distance from the mast to the fastening point for the line. Make sure your back stay is not attached when setting the rig.

Nov 19, 2018
macgregor m25 puerto vallarta
Thank you for the info,this helps a lot & i will search for rigging instructions as you suggested !