Macgregor 25 Main Sail Replacement

Jun 24, 2010
Macgregor 25 Northeast, MD
I am looking to replace the main sail on my 1983 Macgregor 25. Has anyone bought one from the source on this forum and were they happy with it? Any other recommendations? Thanks

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Bluewateryachts.com OR your local or online sail loft are options.

Feb 18, 2022
Catalina 36 Port Orchard
When I had my M25 I found the best deal on sails was Precision Sails in BC.

Apr 11, 2020
MacGregor 26s Scott's Landing, Grapevine TX
The mid-level jib I bought from BWY was made by Rolly Tasker. They offer budget and high end sails, and can almost certainly provide you with what you need. I have been satisfied with mine, but I can't claim any expertise in the area.

Giro

Jul 23, 2019
MacGregor MacGregor 25 Monterey
I bought our MacGregor 25 her replacement main sail from Ullman Sails in Santa Cruz California a couple months ago. (They also have a loft in San Francisco.) They will require that you get your old sail to them for precise measurement, and they will return it to you. There is no skipping this requirement. We dropped ours off due to close proximity to our boat being berthed in Monterey Bay. After approximately five weeks, we were called to pick up the new one.
The new sail was fabricated in South Africa and is of excellent quality. The price was quite competitive. Because our boat was located so close to their Santa Cruz location, they even delivered it to us at no additional cost. Doing business with them was a very pleasant experience.

Apr 11, 2020
I mentioned the manufacturer (Rolly Tasker), but not the dealers:
sailwarehouse.com, and bwyachts.com.
I would have been hard-pressed to supply the dimensions, and would not have wanted to use the sail I had as a template sense the luff and foot lines in my original sail had shrunk significantly.

COmacx

Jul 1, 2018
Macgregor 26x Lake Dillon, CO
We had Precision Sail Loft make ours in 2017 -- did a great job, and very reasonable price. Also had a lazy jack made by them.

Apr 11, 2020
I have also used Sail Warehouse and been happy with what they provided. Turns out that Mike Lipari, a member of our sailing club (Grapevine Sailing Club), is the new owner and has been very helpful to me in a number of ways.

chp

Sep 13, 2010
Hunter 280 hamilton
Try FX sails. I replaced my 26 main and Genoa 5 years ago. The main is still like new. Very crisp. Double reef and Cunningham. Best price I could find.