macerator doesn't have enough oumph

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
This is conjecture, based upon the pitch change of the pump.

Sitting at a table of family I have heard a pitch change which was attributed to a family members gas issues.

It maybe correlation. :biggrin:

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
I have heard a pitch change which was attributed to a family members gas issues.
No, no, no.

Helium causes a change in pitch of the human voice, not Family Gas. Actually now that I think of it, wasn't there a TV sit com called Family Gas a number of years ago ?

• Ha
Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Similar to a tank style vacuum cleaner. While it is running, place your hand over the hose end to block air flow. Our vacuum motor RPM will increase giving off a higher pitched sound.

Apr 12, 2021
Hunter Passage 456 Honolulu
Hi Ralph. IMHO, I think John's arse is his source. :ass:
Ha ha, perhaps! It was nice once the pump was working and I could look in the tank viewport and correlate the tank draining with the sound of the macerator and see that when the tank is getting empty the thing really starts whining at a high pitch. Now I know when to turn it off ;)

Oct 2, 2008
Pearson/ 530 Strafford, NH
Any problems with lowering the macerator to the level equal to the bottom of the waste tank?

Apr 12, 2021
Hunter Passage 456 Honolulu
I was pretty easily able to lower it about 1" and I did that and I think it helped (along with the new Jabsco macerator). To get it lower than that requires that I get that "T" out and replace it with one that is threaded on the vertical leg so that I can screw the macerator into it. It will be difficult to get the T out due to space constraints. It is doing fine as-is now and I'm pretty "pooped" out working this, so I'll move onto the next project and maybe circle back one day ;)