Mac Users Rejoice--- Mac ENC is back!

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Mac ENC is a charting program developed for the Mac. It was superbly easy to use and full featured. However, due to changes in the Mac OS it was orphaned by the developers who chose to focus on iOS, with iNavX.

This evening I received an email reporting the program has been revived and will be released soon. Yahoo! :beer::beer::beer:

And, previous owners can download the new version free! :yikes: :cowbell::cowbell:

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Interesting. Not sure how the Radar integration is supposed to work. Not explained. AIS looks straight forward. Tides and currents rely on a support app. AyeTides appears to be an easy to operate tool to replicate the traditional tidal charts but with a convenient map twist to help you select the closest tidal station.

It is nice to have a simple to use robust chart system that works in native OS on your laptop.

I have been exploring OpenCPN for the past 6 months. It is very impressive. Easy to use, feature rich and also Mac OS ready.

Now there are a couple of offerings for the Mac user.

• Helpful

Dr. D

Nov 3, 2018
Beneteau Oceanis 35.1 Herrington Harbour North
Thanks for posting this info. Looks promising.

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
My Raymarine System does have a built in WiFi system, that they say is not "hackable".
The reason is it can control the AutoPilot via Mac Devices.

It appears that Mac ENC is a one way and Output only.

I do like the "planning" part, using a laptop.
I am faster using a laptop than a "touch" screen device.;)

The Weather input to my Raymarine, is subscription $$.

It appears that Mac ENS does need a land based internet connection for Free Weather too.:huh:
Jim...

PS: Hmmm? I am now curious if my Mac Laptop will link with the Raymarine Wifi. My iPads do!