Mac 25 and California marinas

Giro

Jul 23, 2019
MacGregor MacGregor 25 Monterey
Hello again everyone.
Since I didn’t get any feedback from when I posted a question regarding “if anyone may have a Macgregor 25 in a slip at, or around, Breakwater Marina in Monterey Bay.” I thought might be a better idea to approach this in a different way. Here’s my revised question: Does anyone have a Macgregor 25 in any California salt water marina? If so, which marina and how is that working out for you? Any positive, or negative information would be greatly appreciated.
Giro

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Are you probing how the marinas treat you or how the boat fairs? If it is the later you might want to expand your question to anyone with a cast iron swing keel boat in a salt water marina. If it is the former, you may want to ask people with any smaller sailboat in a marina.

Giro

Jul 23, 2019
I appreciate your reply. Actually, I’m especially interested in any feedback concerning the Macgregor 25 and its use in Monterey Bay, in general. As everyone knows, the Macgregor name usually instills at least moderate skepticism whenever said boat manufacturer and salt water is used in the same sentence. I had her built in 1983, by Macgregor Boat Works in Costa Masa and careful attention was made to insure as much added quality was injected into the construction of her that was realistically appropriate for the type of vessel she is. I have sail many times to and from Santa Catalina across the channel and have had her berthed in San Francisco Bay at the Berkeley Marina for a number of years and have sailed there in it’s especially shallow waters. I have never neglected maintenance and have always spent perhaps more money than I should have for the type of boat she is. However that’s the way it is and now that I have her in Monterey Bay, I was merely asking for anything helpful that I could learn from other’s sailing experiences. Thank you for your attention.
Giro

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Not disrespecting your boat. I used to sail a Mac22 and wish I still had her.

Giro

Jul 23, 2019
I do not interpret your remarks as anything disrespectful concerning the boat. I am still simply void of any meaningful feedback for which I wrote seeking advise. Your kindness is appreciated.

woodzy

Sep 21, 2014
Catalina 28 Oceanside Ca..
That was my first boat and I slipped her at Oceanside Ca. to see if we would like it. Before I did the though I put bottom coat on. Had it for awhile but it was to cramped. But it made it way easier to go sailing. Stepping the mast hanging the motor rigging and launching. After a day of sailing that was no fun.

Giro

Jul 23, 2019
Catalina’s are very well respected boats. I’m sure the 28 provides a great deal more room and a much better comfort ratio. Nice boat. Before we decided to plow way too much money into our 25, I looked at used boats (like Cals, Pearsons and some true blue water cruisers, a Bristol 27 we almost bought, Even an old Erickson 28 that didn’t pass the survey) so we decided to restore and upgrade what we bought new many years ago. Since we have absolutely no intention of doing anything close to blue water cruising, this is the way we went. Maybe it’s a dumb move, but that’s what we did. We definitely have the cleanest, best equipped fully restored boat of its kind in Monterey Bay. After waiting 5 years for the slip, it was a hard decision.