M Series - bumper boats begins!

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Due to the shortening days, the WYC M-series is held in Wayzata Bay, and not in the main lake. This cuts 30 minutes off of getting out to the course (and back!), but also puts over 100 boats in a small bay. Yesterday is was blowing in the mid teens, with shifty gusts in the low 20s. Boats everywhere. Sailing shorthanded, we must have tacked and gybed 30 times. 2nd place, but bad for being a crew of 3!

PS the forward looking camera is on a Horizon True DAL-1000 leveling mount, designed for sailing.

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 340 Baytown TX
Great video! I like the short clips, moves it along sweet, keeps you into it. Camera angles get you right in the action.

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Great video! I like the short clips, moves it along sweet, keeps you into it. Camera angles get you right in the action.
It’s a Hero 6 black on the gimbal looking forward, a hero session 4 mounted on the mast bracket looking aft. 64 gig cards in each. As we don’t want to be distracted while racing, we turn them on at the warning signal and then they roll the whole race. Never touch them again until we take them down.

After the race I copy the contents to a folder with sub folders for each race on a big external drive. I use GoPro Quik to make the video, super easy. It takes longer to copy the files (30+ gigs) to the drive then making the video does. I simply scrub though the clips and mark interesting spots. Press GO and the the app makes the video.

For longer vids that we use for training, I clip them out with QuickTime and publish them on the teams Facebook page.