luger 26

Aug 10, 2020
Catalina C25 3559 Rocky Mount
anyone actually sailed one? I have read a lot of hearsay.... nothing from an actual owner. I understand some where kits, others were factory builds. I am guessing quality will be poor, as these are light trailerable boats.

I have been invited to make an offer on one Sunday and was hoping for some real world experience with them, not just rumors and "I read online" information.

Apr 26, 2015
S2 26 Mid On Trailer
anyone actually sailed one? I have read a lot of hearsay.... nothing from an actual owner. I understand some where kits, others were factory builds. I am guessing quality will be poor, as these are light trailerable boats.

I have been invited to make an offer on one Sunday and was hoping for some real world experience with them, not just rumors and "I read online" information.
Don't you have enough boats to work on? Maybe you need to buy your wife a nice Valentine's Day gift that doesn't say boat for putting up with you.;):)

Aug 10, 2020
Don't you have enough boats to work on? Maybe you need to buy your wife a nice Valentine's Day gift that doesn't say boat for putting up with you.;):)
I like my projects! I am also not married. Single, full time dad of a 9 and 13 year old.
With the current situation of the world, sailboats are a fun and relatively inexpensive hobby for us.

The Luger will probably be a fix and flip to help fund the S2 if it's worth the investment.

We have went from a hobie 14, to Clipper 21, to southcoast22, Laguna 26, to the S2 when it comes out of the water this spring. Through frugality and a few well played moves, we have invested less than 2k in all of it so far and our boats keep getting better and better as far as quality and condition go. Each one adds to our knowledge, experience and skill set, not to mention keeps us together.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Kenneth Grahame was right: “Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.”

Aug 10, 2020
It was a big no.... It came on a nice trailer, with a very clean 3hp mercury. The boat itself was of very poor quality. The chainplates were aluminum. The deck was soft and thin. The stringers were gone in the back half.
The old fella that owned it was pretty proud of it. I didn't even make an offer.

Feb 8, 2014
Columbia 36 Muskegon
Never sailed one but have been aboard a couple. Very light construction, lots of stress cracks in the decks. I considered building one once when they were still in production, but after seeing one up close I ran away. Never heard of them being factory builds, as far I know they were all kits. Some might have been well fitted out, but I suspect not many.

Aug 10, 2020
Never sailed one but have been aboard a couple. Very light construction, lots of stress cracks in the decks. I considered building one once when they were still in production, but after seeing one up close I ran away. Never heard of them being factory builds, as far I know they were all kits. Some might have been well fitted out, but I suspect not many.
that's pretty much what I found on this one. decks were super flimsy. The whole boat was just cheaply made.