Lube the cars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jim Cook

The main on my O' 27 was a little hard to raise this weekend. It has plastic cars that run up a track in the aluminum mast. However, the cars did not slide very easily. What is the best way to lubricate the system? I've used parafin on other types of indoor tracks. Would this be safe?

E

Ed McNally

Lube your mast track

Jim, I've used Fastrac Sail Track Lubricant on my '83 Oday's aluminum mast. It works very well. You can buy the lubricant ( small tube 1/2 oz. for about $7.00...but you might consider their "track kit". It costs about $10.00 and includes a cleaner and applicator-super easy to use. I know that WEST MARINE sells this product. Good luck, ED.

S

Steve Starley

Lube your cars

On our 322, we use clear liquid dish washing soap for mainsail slides and boltropes. Also, works wonders when feeding Genoa into luff extrusion slot on roller furler. I had done this for many years on other boats and it was again recommended by our sailmaker when we took delivery of new sails this spring. Could not be cheaper and you can also wash dishes with it.

J

jerry

to ed

do you have an owners manual or know of a source, I just bought a 27 but it seems impossible to find manuals. thanks jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.