Lower lifeline hole plastic insert

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
I never saw this thread until Dec 2020. Those bushing look the same as used to pass wires through metal chassis or walls or...

Oct 9, 2013
Hunter 30 Lusby, MD
Yes, that is what they were designed to do but now they are "special" boat parts and the price can be marked up by 10.
I couldn't find any that were the correct size at the Ace Hardware so I ended up buying a bag of 250 which was still probably still cheaper than it would have cost me to buy 12 from Ace Hardware or 1 from West Marine. I still have ~200 so if anyone needs some for their lifeline project send me a PM and a couple of dollars to cover the postage and I will mail you enough for your project plus a few to drop in the water.

Oct 2, 2008
Pearson/ 530 Strafford, NH
Yes, that is what they were designed to do but now they are "special" boat parts and the price can be marked up by 10.
I couldn't find any that were the correct size at the Ace Hardware so I ended up buying a bag of 250 which was still probably still cheaper than it would have cost me to buy 12 from Ace Hardware or 1 from West Marine. I still have ~200 so if anyone needs some for their lifeline project send me a PM and a couple of dollars to cover the postage and I will mail you enough for your project plus a few to drop in the water.
And your lifeline is 1/4 inch?