Low water pressure

Apr 13, 2011
Beneteau 40 Chicago
When flushing my water tanks I am having trouble with the water pressure in the aft tank.

The filter next to the pump is clean but it's taking forever to drain the aft tank. The forward tank drained fine...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Chris
S/V TENACITY II
B40#197

Apr 13, 2011
Beneteau 40 Chicago
Good suggestion.
When filling the aft tank to the top, water did flow out the vent, so I am assuming it's clear...

I am also, running the sink tap only with the aerator removed..

Sep 25, 2008
Alden 50 Sarasota, Florida
Things to check:
Obstruction in vent,
Clogged drain line,
Obstruction in shutoff valve,
Open valve to empty tank (will such air)

Bob S

Sep 27, 2007
Beneteau 393 New Bedford, MA
Winterizing last fall I ran the water tanks dry or so I thought. Turns out the aft tank never drained and when I was blowing my lines out I heard it bubbling. I ended up siphoning through the tank clean out port because I was halfway done. This spring I partially filled the aft tank and couldn't get the pump to prime. It cycled like it was working properly but not priming. Forward tank was empty. I kinda believe we ran last season on just the forward tank. The forward tank on the 393 is above the pump so it had no problem priming so that is why I was able to drain it but the aft tank is below the pump. I replaced the pump and everything is working properly.
Just a thought!

Apr 13, 2011
Beneteau 40 Chicago
Great News!
I found the problem.
Turns out that when disconnecting and inspecting the fresh water check valve I found just enough debris (black thin plastic tape like material) to slow down the flow!
Cleaned it out and the water pressure is back to normal.
Thanks for all your helpful suggestions

Attachments