Low fresh water pressure

Dec 4, 2018
Balboa 27 Denver
I have had that exact thing happen 3, count them 3 times in RV's and a tiny home over my considerable years of experience. One truck camper where I forgot to turn of the internal water pump and emptied the water onto the floor while away caused by a flex pipe attached to the pump. Another in a travel trailer caused by brittle PEX at a fitting, and a third at a failed shut off solonoid that flooded the tiny home. Never had it on any boats because I never EVER forgot to shut off the water.

This problem happens ALL the time to the RV community which I observe is very very similar to the situation on boats except that almost everybody in an RV park leaves their water on and the banging and vibration that occurs during movement from one campsite to another is similar to a boat of any kind and the outcome is SO much worse on a boat.

It is nice to look for data on risk for some things when that data is reasonably accessible, but as pointed out here, it is ridiculous to rely on no data in the face of common sense. AND when Peggy HALL chimes in you can take that as gospel.

Jun 1, 2009
Hunter 49 toronto
I have very los pressure both on dock water and from onboard pressure pump. I checked my filter by eliminating it from the line, and no improvement.
Now I am wondering about the check valves over at my hot water heater. Has anyone had experience with this? Can these valves be serviced, or just replaced?
Thanks.

Hi
Looks like your post went off in a different area.
Your dock water does not run through the fresh water pump. It simply “Tees” into the cold line, through a pressure reducer.

Here are the things which will cause low pressure

Most likely…
Crud on the faucet screens. I need to clean these every yesr

On the hot water tank there is a temp balancing valve. It has a screen in it.
Also, it does clog up over the years

Get your cold water problem resolved first, then look at the hw tank valve
Rodd