Lots of questions from a new 26 owner...

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
My HIN is on the transom. But it is not a plate, it is etched into the gelcoat.

Mrlee

Sep 9, 2014
Balboa 26 26 ft. Altamira
Hi y'all...I haven't been here with work etc., and get this...you ain't gonna believe this one!!! One of my friends went on the hunt for my rudder and low and behold...he actually found it...in a scrap yard 1/2 mile from the boat! I had to pay $150 to get it back, but at this point- that's a bargain!!! He's up in Texas with the boat now...My question is...how does the rudder go in? From the bottom, or down from the top? I want it in the boat.....I'm hoping to have all the "aduana" (import taxes) issues finished this week so I can bring her down and start sailing her...Man, I am sooooo ready!!!
Thanks...Happy sailing to EVERYBODY!!!

Mrlee

Sep 9, 2014
Ok, great shot...but what are all the cables hanging out from under my boat now??

Attachments

Jan 19, 2010
shrouds? backstay? I don't think that has anything to do with your rudder.

Mrlee

Sep 9, 2014
Whew...that IS good news...I thank you for the help...I probably sound like a moron with these questions, but since I cannot go get her I want my partner to know what's up...Thanks a lot...

Jan 19, 2010
Don't sweat it. Every boat is a mystery at first. For me it was figuring out how the mast raising system worked. And once I understood it, It seemed so obvious. The rudder on these things is truly unique and if you see them in place it makes sense but just a hole in the cockpit sole seems like a mystery. You will have fun figuring it all out.

Mrlee

Sep 9, 2014
That's cool...thanks for the comforting input...yes, it will be fun and I am looking forward to all the learning...I have been reading for over 5 years everything I can about sailboats and peoples experiences sailing etc. I need to just do it now.
Thanks a lot...

Mar 7, 2012
As for motors, I have a 7.5 Honda that at just above idle will go hull speed about 6 knots. Went to Catalina & back form long beach (no wind day oh well) using about 3 gal