Lots of 26M for sale

Feb 22, 2014
macgregor 26M home, Mesa, AZ
Just checked Sailboatlistings.com and saw 48 26Ms.!! Is it just the time of year or is something else going on. Never saw this many before. Still waiting to see if the Mac "kids" ever get around to finishing a 22 for sale.

Jan 31, 2013
MacGregor Mac26X Trailer sailing for adventure,
Just checked Sailboatlistings.com and saw 48 26Ms.!! Is it just the time of year or is something else going on. Never saw this many before. Still waiting to see if the Mac "kids" ever get around to finishing a 22 for sale.
Been a lot of X and M for sale. Probably frustrated owners? Hard to sail to begin with. Then add rigs don't come tuned. Add old sails and they will heel violently and point like crap. A sailing newbe would give up. OEM fuel capacity too little to act like a powerboat for more than a couple of hours. I love my 26x but had to spend money and time to get it right.

Sep 8, 2014
Catalina 22 Swing Keel San Diego
For the same reason my Helicopter/Farm Tractor hybrid concept never got off the ground... Dang venture capitalists think they know everything!

walt

Jun 1, 2007
Macgregor 26S Hobie TI Ridgway Colorado
Could just be the state of the market for trailer sailboats. On this site, there are eight 26X and six 26M. But if you simply compare the numbers to another boat they built a lot of, there are ten Catalina 22's for sale here. Seems like a lot of either type. Might be a good time to buy any of the boats above if someone was looking.

(fyi, I think the Catalina 22 is a great boat.. just used it since these are all fairly high volume boats. To really see if anything odd is happening, you would need to look at the percent of total made that are for sale)

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2011
Compac 14 Charleston, SC
Given that the 26M is the highest selling boat of its size it's not surprising. I'm impressed with the values or perceived values.

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Don't hold your breath. They are DONE making their version of the 26, and their office is closed. That info from a big dealer. I'm surprised the web site is still up. Must have pre-paid for 2 years.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
The new Tattoo26 looks very 'sanitary. I just can't warm up to a powersailer.

Mar 2, 2011
Compac 14 Charleston, SC
Don't hold your breath. They are DONE making their version of the 26, and their office is closed. That info from a big dealer. I'm surprised the web site is still up. Must have pre-paid for 2 years.
Tattoo Yachts shows their mailing address as same one of the UPS Store in Palm Beach. Probably renting a PO box. Too bad they didn't "stay afloat".