Looks like I will have to isolate for the next 14 days.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I’ve been hoping the guvnor would open the barber shops so I could visit my friend. But on Saturday she announced Oregon needs more time and the shut down continues to July 1.

Maybe it will grow a bit more and I’ll be able to tie it into a pony like Crowe in Master & Commander. Only it will be grey not blond.
2864817C-B715-41D2-AAA1-B895C6F524D3.png

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
My wife cut mine last week, after watching half a dozen YT videos. She did a great job, though I was in the chair for about an hour. Having a proper pair of haircutting scissors would have helped her enormously.

Jan 22, 2008
Islander Freeport, 41 Ketch Longmont, CO
Had my first "wife cut" last week. It had been too long and was too long. We do have a good pair of clippers and she did a great job. Got to sit outside and enjoy the sun on the back deck while she worked around me, It took a while and I missed the shave and a haircut with hot towels that I used to get as a small indulgence but the tan was sure nice.

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
Once i discovered the wonderment of using clippers to cut my hair to down to the scalp, i have never looked back.
I went to from PITA thick out of control "Jimi Hendrix" hair, to "done in the shower" no hassle hair.

The first time I did it, was before a friend's wedding.
I swear every woman there, wanted to come over and rub my head. ;) Decision made !
Since then i have been gradually losing hair and going grey… You can barely notice. :thumbup: :biggrin:

For some reason guys get worried about hair loss, and yet almost every women I know, is fine with bald guys. The trick is to avoid looking like a grey version of Krusty the Clown. :yikes:

I used to have an amazing old 80 year old barber to do "straight razor shave face + head with free cappuccino from his wife for $25" but he died and now all i can find are hipster places that want to charge $70.:banghead: So now I usually just clip it without the shave :(

Edit: I WAS letting my beard grow over the last month, until a buddy of mine said I looked like a serial killer or redneck. No more beard.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Fort Walton Yacht Club, Florida
Never had an issue with guys needing a haircut while stationed in the PI or Korea. If you were there you know what I'm talking about.

DaveJ

Apr 2, 2013
Catalina 310 Niagara-on-the-Lake
My hair wasn't quite as long as it was when I was 17...By the way, that's the same girl that cut my hair the other day!
:cool:
dj

Attachments

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Looks like she, even back then, had her hand around behind your back... Checking for your wallet?
You made a handsome couple Dave. Sounds like you were very lucky. Congrats to both of you.