Looking to replace my 6 gal water heater on Hunter 320

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2008
Catalina 320 Barnegat, NJ
1. See there right in the advertisement? Yes, I clicked on your link, thanks. Here's what it sqays:

About this item

• welded aluminum tank
What part of the link says the tank is stainless steel?

2. perhaps you are familiar with punctuations - Excuse me, but what prompted this unnecessary bit of stupidity?

3. I was simply questioning. I certainly wasn't accusing Kuuma since the advertisement was NOT from a Kuuma source.
If not, then who were you accusing of false advertising?

4. ...I was always under the impression that a Seaward tank had a stainless steel inner tank. Now that I have found out otherwise...
As I've mentioned a couple of times before, in this and many other posts about marine water heaters, the ss refers ONLY to the case, not the tank. Just like the reference link you provided says it does!!! You may be one of the last people in boating who don't know this fact.

Would you at least have the decency to retract your accusation of false advertising?
Well, did you look at the heading that says
Kuuma 11811 6 Gallon 120v Front Exchanger Stainless Steel Water Heater
I did read the "About this item" and it says that the cover is also aluminum, so stainless steel obviously can't be in reference to the case. It may be in reference to the Front Exchanger, I suppose.
In what world is a question an accusation? So, no, I don't need to retract an accusation. I'm still confused by the advertisement.

Also, I don't know how many times I need to tell you that I never accused Kuuma of anything. I was only questioning about the advertisements from Amazon/Parts Pak, the obvious source of this thread.

So, Isotemp sells a water heater with ss inner tank. Raritan does glass-lined. Covers are now made with polypropylene and Kuuma's cover is aluminum, so ss obviously does not reference ONLY the case. That's a false statement. Perhaps you mean that is common knowledge among discussions limited to Seaward tanks. I don't know ... maybe you need to clarify your comments. But you seem to be having an emotional reaction to this so maybe we should just let it lie?

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
I'm talking about Kuuma and the Parts Pac (false advertising) ad
I'm not sure why a question would be considered incendiary when there are obvious discrepancies.
Quite simply, you accused without evidence that Parts Pac falsely advertised the water heater.

What evidence do you have that Parts Pac is indeed advertising SS heaters and selling AL instead? Absolutely none.

Did you contact Parts Pac? Did you contact Kuuma? Did you buy one of the heaters advertised as SS and received an AL one?

If you can provide evidence that Parts Pac is actually selling AL heaters while advertising them as SS, I will apologize and retract my statements. However, we both know you can't provide evidence that kind of evidence.

Without evidence, you jumped to a conclusion and defamed a business. Not your best move.

Dave

Forum Admin, Gen II
Staff member
Feb 1, 2023
This thread has long since served its purpose, so I'm closing it.

After rereading the offending Amazon Parts Pac listing for the Kuuma Water Heater, it does present conflicting information. Is that false advertising or sloppy advertising? I'm not in a position to say. However, the listing serves as an example of why buyers need to be aware when shopping on sites like Amazon and eBay.

Perhaps the issue would be better addressed with an email to Amazon and Parts Pac.

Enjoy the evening gentlemen.

Status
Not open for further replies.