Looking to move my Flag Halyard Pulley

Sep 26, 2008
Hunter 340 0 Wickford, RI
On my 2000 340 I have 4 flag halyard lines. They run up to the first and second spreader on both port and starboard sides. The lower pulleys are attached to the turnbuckle at the chain plate, this location makes the lines get in the way when going forward.
I'm looking to use a pulley that can attach to the mast guide wire, so I can mount them higher and eliminate the lines from getting in the way and ducking around them.
Is anyone using this type of pulley, and what brand? I can't find any. Rail mounted pulleys won't raise it high enough.
Thanks for any help.

Jul 29, 2004
Hunter 340 Lake Lanier, GA
Got ya beat sailcapt340, I have 6! Two to lower spreader, one to upper, on each side. Blocks are located under the spreader, four clamp-on cleats attached to the lower stays so two of the halyards share one of the cleats.
shroud cleat.JPG

Sep 26, 2008
Hunter 340 0 Wickford, RI
That's the fitting I want Ed! I'll start looking right now, it answers all my concerns. Thank you for the input, greatly appreciated!

Nov 30, 2015
Hunter 1978 H30 Cherubini, Treman Marina, Ithaca, NY
Four flags, six flags, what's that all about? Parades, Christmas lights, signaling, decoration, amusement parks?

viper

Jul 31, 2016
Hunter 380 Cape Coral, Fl
If you want more sail area, have you tried a sail? LOL

I love the flags also...

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2015
Amazing Grace! How many countries have you actually visited/sailed. I get it now. The display is awesome. I've got some work to do...SANS 4 or 6 extra halyards. Seems like fun with flags with Ed Caldwell.

Sep 23, 2009
O'Day 34-At Last Rock Hall, Md
I think those signal flags say "I am commencing depth charge launch now"...or is it " Free drinks here"....I always get those two confused.

Nov 30, 2015
Chartered boats in the countries as shown, plus a few more. Grace stays on her Lake, proudly wearing her name (port outboard halyard)
We have a few of those stolen charter boat flags too. I frame them and mount on the man cave walls. As soon as I saw the port flags I immediately picked up my decoder and got the name...then I saw it posted in your thread signature...duh!!! Is that a Jolly Roger on the inner port string? If so...I'm proud of ya buddy!

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2004
Hunter 340 Lake Lanier, GA
It is a Jolly Roger "Time flies when you're having rum", Plantation 20th anniversary with one ice cube, please. Good eye. No one around here has a clue on the signal flags, it's fun to educate kids (and their parents) about the good old days.

But no pirating of charter boat flags, they are always threadbare anyway. :) All properly purchased when we returned from
http://www.anyflag.com/AFG/category/COURTESY-FLAGS.html

Sep 11, 2011
Hunter 41AC Bayfield WI, Lake Superior
Since a lot of Hunters do not have back stays, here is another flag option. Use the spare halyard with some swivels.

IMG_4286.JPG