Looking to buy a 1984 33 MKII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 23, 2013
Oragami Paper Boat EYC
Im interested in knowing more about this model, there does not seem to be much information out there. I've seen what www.cncphotoalbum has to offer. I don't think there were many of these made because I cant find many of them for sale. Does anyone have some more insight into these fine looking boats?

TLW

Jan 15, 2013
Oday 31 Whitehall, MI
All the data is listed on sailboatdata.com under C&C 33-2

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
I owned a C&C 34, which this boat sort of replaced. They sail well, typical old school masthead rig, with high aspect main and big overlapping genoas. Built quality is typically very good, but both hull and deck are cored and must be checked for wetness. Accommodation very small based on current standards, a vee berth and an exposed quarter berth in a 33 footer. This is one of the design elements that killed C&C and other North American builders as the French moved in with double private cabins starting at 28 feet. If the layout is OK for you she's fine.

If she passes the survey fine you'll love it.

Mar 25, 2013
C&C 33 MK II Whitehall,MI
I purchased my 86 33 MK II in 2003. Before I bought Sizzle, I reviewed as much material as was available online. I suppose not much new stuff has been contributed over the past 9 years. What you may have read about quality of construction, comfort and speed is all true. After 27 years, the boat is as sound as it was when it rolled out of the factory. The only significant work that has been done was a bottom job to eliminate cosmetic blistering a few years ago.

If you like to race, you will win, win, win with this boat! It is easily sailed short handed, or singlehanded. Since much of my sailing is alone, I really appreciate that all controls can be managed from the helm. The boat is very fast in light air, but its strongest advantage is upwind performance. After saying that, this boat is also a comfortable cruiser. All the sailing controls and rigging components are high quality and properly sized. I added a rigid vang a couple years ago and eliminated the topping lift.

Some minor problems ... toe rails and windows leak and the Bowmar ports need new seals.

I recommend a survey before you buy. If you found a solid boat, you won't be sorry you bought it.

Status
Not open for further replies.