Looking for Tarragona based yacht maintenance services

JamieB

Aug 1, 2021
Beneteau 400 Loano
Hey there,

We're looking for recommendations for any Tarragona yacht maintenance services.

We've got a fairly long and diverse list. Need it hauled out and on land, bottom painet, engine service, sails looked over.
Etc. Basically boat has sat for two years and needs a thorough review.

We're a Oceanis 400 (40ft beneteau)

Does anyone have a good contact in either tarragona or nearby?

Thanks in advance.

J

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
While I hate to send people to other forums, you might find more responses over on CruisersForum.com. The group on that forum is more international than here on SBO which tends to be most US and Canadian Sailors.

If you go to ProBoat.com there were a couple of articles written by Nigel Calder a few years about about repairs he had made after a hard grounding. If I recall correctly he was in Spain or Portugal at the time. There might be some helpful information in the articles.

Good Luck.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Living on the west coast of the USA I am sorry I have little to no experience in that area of the Med.

A google search showed that there are several service providers in the port. Here is one of the websites. https://ptwshipyard.com

I'd be inclined to reachout to local fishermen. They would most likely know the various operators. With the right approach and maybe a bottle of wine you could learn something about the boat repair companies

JamieB

Aug 1, 2021
Beneteau 400 Loano
Living on the west coast of the USA I am sorry I have little to no experience in that area of the Med.

A google search showed that there are several service providers in the port. Here is one of the websites. https://ptwshipyard.com

I'd be inclined to reachout to local fishermen. They would most likely know the various operators. With the right approach and maybe a bottle of wine you could learn something about the boat repair companies
Good shout re fishermen. Thanks

JamieB

Aug 1, 2021
Beneteau 400 Loano
While I hate to send people to other forums, you might find more responses over on CruisersForum.com. The group on that forum is more international than here on SBO which tends to be most US and Canadian Sailors.

If you go to ProBoat.com there were a couple of articles written by Nigel Calder a few years about about repairs he had made after a hard grounding. If I recall correctly he was in Spain or Portugal at the time. There might be some helpful information in the articles.

Good Luck.
Thanks for the recommendation. Will give it a try

JamieB

Aug 1, 2021
Beneteau 400 Loano
So we spoke to a group called pro sailing. Were awaiting a quote back but they've been super responsive, very helpful and hoping the quote won't come back as super expensive but we're keen to use them.

Will give an update once the quote comes in and the work is done.