Looking for photos of V-berth port and starboard removable shelves - O-Day 28

Fredct

Sep 21, 2020
Oday 28 Westbrook
I am doing overhaul of waste storage tank. in doing my prep work, I brought home the 2 shelves that make the berth on port and starboard. They are in bad shape and the trim is missing. Can a kind soul send me a photo of what the original shelf looked like? i will rebuild from scratch but i am not sure what is the look I am going for. Berth photo without the shelf would be great at the supports bolted into the head wall are missing.

Fredct

Sep 21, 2020
Oday 28 Westbrook
Richard, one is original, the other not. let me see if I can post image here.

Fredct

Sep 21, 2020
Oday 28 Westbrook
Showing front and backside of what I think is the original piece. It is missing 2 teak pieces i think.

Jun 11, 2004
Oday 31 Redondo Beach
Sorry Fred. I misunderstood. For some reason I thought you were talking about shelves in the V-Berth. Like shelves to put something. Bad reading skills today I guess.

Where do these go?

Fredct

Sep 21, 2020
Oday 28 Westbrook
when you walk into the V-berth, to your immediate left and right. Let me see if I can annotate a photo I found on-line.

Fredct

Sep 21, 2020
Oday 28 Westbrook
I am talking about the 2 removable shelves under the cushions, indicated by 2 arrows:

dfp51

Jun 26, 2019
O'Day 28 Lorain, Ohio
I will be down at my boat this Saturday and will take a picture for you.

Fredct

Sep 21, 2020
Oday 28 Westbrook
Thanks. I have made replacement shelves, with lamination on both sides. T-moulding on order. Could use your photos. Thanks!

Fredct

Sep 21, 2020
Oday 28 Westbrook
Yes. I am going to assume that the 2 screws securing each panel to the V-berth were an add-on. I am quite surprised by appearance. Thanks a million.

dfp51

Jun 26, 2019
O'Day 28 Lorain, Ohio
I don’t honestly know which of the screws were added and which were original. They are all just standard stainless ‍♂

dfp51

Jun 26, 2019
O'Day 28 Lorain, Ohio
No clue how that symbol got on the end of my response. Was going for a shrug

Fredct

Sep 21, 2020
Oday 28 Westbrook
You're good. I assume that in the original version, the 2 panels were removable so not bolted into the v-berth form. You have been very helpful. Thanks again.