Looking for Grampian 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bart Tecter

I owned at Grampian 27 "Lady Meg" many years ago. She is basically a centre cockpit version of the 26. I now have a grandson who is about ready to learn to sail a cruising sailboat and the Grampian 27 would be a nice boat to have once again. Anyone know of the where-abouts of one of these rarities? Please email me at bart@tecter.ca Thanks

jimq26

Jun 5, 2004
- - -
Hey Bart - I found it -

Go to the grampianowners.com website - go to the heading - "what is it?" - lo & behold - your Grampian 27 centre cockpit. This one in Florida is hull number 15, so there would have been at least 5 of them built in Oakville. They always started with the hull number 10 on their boats. These were probably made before the former Grampian employee started there and that's why he doesn't remember. Cheers,

P

Peter

Is it your boat

Just out of interest, is the Grampian 27 pictured on the grampian owners website the one that you used to own? I was of the impression that some of these boats were sold without cabins (just the hull) and the owners did the rest. Therefore it maybe a custom job that you owned. It seems to me that to find a boat that one lost track of for years would be like looking for the proverbial needle.

Status
Not open for further replies.