Looking for First 405 stanchion bases

Jul 7, 2009
Beneteau First 405 Myrtle Beach, S.C.
Beneteau first 405
I have about 8 stanchion bases that are cracked or split. I found replacements at rig rite but cant see spending over 1K for 8 of these. Anyone knows another more reasonable solution. Trying to stay with a 2 bolt unit with toe rail screw.

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Lots of options in the links below.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Duh , I guess that would help. SorryView attachment 189085
No wonder they cracked. That's a terrible design! They need the extra bracing that comes with most bases to do the job they are installed for. I wouldn't replace with the same part. That's too much money for a $h!!tty design!

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2016
Beneteau 351 WYC Whitby
Maybe better to see what Beneteau wants for them ,however C&C had a similar design ,but goes around the toe rail making it stronger . If you google Holland Marine then online catalog page 218/219 then because they are in Canada take 30% off the price. You would want 1 inch or 25mm I'm guessing

CYQK

Sep 11, 2009
beneteau first 42 kenora
By looking at the picture provided i am guessing that the base has been through a lot more than normal use.
They are aluminum and are on the short end of corrosion
Have them on my boat and with some attention will last

Jul 7, 2009
Lots of options in the links below.

Thank you for bringing these models to my attention. Most of them require 4 holes. I was aware of them but did not want to add 40 more holes to my deck. Wanted to stay with the 2 Deck hole design.
thanks

Jul 7, 2009
No wonder they cracked. That's a terrible design! They need the extra bracing that comes with most bases to do the job they are installed for. I wouldn't replace with the same part. That's too much money for a $h!!tty design!
Actually, I thought it is a great design compared to the 4 holes ones that sit on to of the deck with washers for backing that came on my previous hunter.
It uses two existing holes on the toe-rail to secure it to the top of the deck, and in addition is secured to the vertical flat part of the toe rail with a 8mm bolt that goes through the base and stanchion. It becomes part of the toe rail. It will never wobble and compared to the 4 holes ones, will save over 80 holes that will leak. 20 units @4 holes per.
However, a stainless desing would have worked better. Aluminum corrodes too easily. They only lasted 34 years.

Jul 7, 2009
Maybe better to see what Beneteau wants for them ,however C&C had a similar design ,but goes around the toe rail making it stronger . If you google Holland Marine then online catalog page 218/219 then because they are in Canada take 30% off the price. You would want 1 inch or 25mm I'm guessing
Thank you for your suggestion. They do look like a great design but my toe rail is almost 1 1/2 tall and it does not look like the C&C ones would sit properly on top of the rail.
thanks

Jul 7, 2009
Looked at the catalog for the first series and did not find a listing for them.
Found them under the first 42. They look the same and list at $41.00. Not too bad. I will call them in the morning. Thanks

Apr 17, 2019
Beneteau First 38 Kemah
Can you provide a link to the ones you found at $41. I need to replace one on my First 38 and your pictures look the same.

Jul 7, 2009
Just an update. Downloaded the Beneteau catalog and found the part. It is used in many models.
rigrite quoted 119.00 per unit plus shipping. Beneteau price was 26,00 plus 9.00 shipping.
New ones were anodized black, but who cares. At that price, i am replacing 8 of them. They lasted 30+ years.

Apr 17, 2019
Beneteau First 38 Kemah
Just an update. Downloaded the Beneteau catalog and found the part. It is used in many models.
rigrite quoted 119.00 per unit plus shipping. Beneteau price was 26,00 plus 9.00 shipping.
New ones were anodized black, but who cares. At that price, i am replacing 8 of them. They lasted 30+ years.
Can you provide a link to the catalogue?

Jul 7, 2009

don't know if this link will get you there.

It is a quirky catalog. It is french after all. You have to register first. Then wait for their approval!. Next day you get a link to the spare parts catalog. You will find the first series under : sailboats, archives.

Apr 17, 2019
Beneteau First 38 Kemah

don't know if this link will get you there.

It is a quirky catalog. It is french after all. You have to register first. Then wait for their approval!. Next day you get a link to the spare parts catalog. You will find the first series under : sailboats, archives.
Yeah, the link just pointed to the general website. Do you by any chance happen to have the part number from your order confirmation?

Apr 17, 2019
Beneteau First 38 Kemah
Yeah, the link just pointed to the general website. Do you by any chance happen to have the part number from your order confirmation?
Never mind. I called them and found the part. I believe I just purchased the last one!!!