Looking for draw latches for Yamaha 37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 20, 2009
Yamaha 25, 33, 37 San Diego
Hello group:

Anyone has replaced the draw latches on the cockpit lockers on your Yamaha?

I would like to replace all 6 on ours. I have only found a Southco draw latch that might work but I am having some difficulty finding a stocking distributor for these.

I recently wrote to Japan but received no reply.

Please let me know.

Regards,

Ed Serra
Sarah V
Yamaha 37
San Diego

Aug 3, 2005
- - Seattle
Keep trying with Yamaha. They have them, and I replaced mine on the 37.

Have you emailed the guy referred to on the yamahasailboats.org website? I'm really interested in seeing how that works--I still have my contact in Japan who can troubleshoot.

Bob

Jun 20, 2009
Keep trying with Yamaha. They have them, and I replaced mine on the 37.

Have you emailed the guy referred to on the yamahasailboats.org website? I'm really interested in seeing how that works--I still have my contact in Japan who can troubleshoot.

Bob

Hi Bob:

Thanks for the advise. I will email the Yamaha guy again this weekend. I will also take a photo to send along.

I found some draw latches and bought them for the small top hatch next to the mast. I will install them later this summer. I replaced the hatch seal successfully with a D shape one.

I also found some promising draw latches from Southco but would much prefer to stick with original parts.

I will keep youposted.

Regards,

Ed Serra
Sarah V

zeehag

Mar 26, 2009
1976 formosa 41 yankee clipper santa barbara. ca.(not there)
what is a draw latch???

Aug 3, 2005
- - Seattle
Hey Ed,

I looked all over the place, but the Yamaha design was best, so I spent a year trying to find them.

Bob

May 9, 2006
Beneteau 373 Mystic, CT
I had a 1980 Yam 33 MKII for 21 yrs, and have a few spare hinges etc. Actually the last sail guy from their office in Ca sent me a large envelope of hinges etc gratus, as they were closing up. Post a pick and I'll see if I can find any.

Jun 20, 2009
Hey Ed,

I looked all over the place, but the Yamaha design was best, so I spent a year trying to find them.

Bob
Hi Bob:

I agree, have looked deep but besides Southco, there are no others close to Yamaha's.

On another subject, I bought a product called Everbright to treat the boom and mast aluminum as well as toerails. I am lucky, the gelcoat on the boat is still in good enough shape that it seals well and shows a nice gloss.

I will try that new email for Yamaha.

Best regards,

Ed Serra
Sahrah V

Jun 20, 2009
I had a 1980 Yam 33 MKII for 21 yrs, and have a few spare hinges etc. Actually the last sail guy from their office in Ca sent me a large envelope of hinges etc gratus, as they were closing up. Post a pick and I'll see if I can find any.

Hi Bob:

Thank you for the reply. I will take pics this weekend and post them.

I would also like any other original parts you may have. This is probably my last boat and I am on a long restoration mission.

Will be in touch soon.

Best regards,

Ed Serra
Sarah V

Jun 20, 2009
Hello Bob:

No, I have not had a chance yet. We have been working on the inside. Man, wait until you see the photos. The countertops and dinnette look great!

The next step is the galley base, and then, finally upholstering of the salon.

I also got photos of the latches and hinges. See the galley.

By the way, Russ came down a few weeks back, took him to se the boat. I know he misses it a lot. I wish I could get him down here more often.

Best regards,

Ed Serra
Yamaha 37

Attachments

Jun 20, 2009
Hi Bob:

Please see my last reply and photos of the latches and hinges. Please let me know if you have any of these or if you want, send me photos of what you have at edserra@cox.net

Best regards,'

Ed Serra
Yamaha 37

Status
Not open for further replies.