Looking for an Oday 240 or 272

Aug 26, 2020
oday 192 Three Islands Mallets Bay
Upgrading next season from our oday 192. If anyone is considering selling an oday 240 or 272 message me! I am on lake champlain in Mallets Bay. ideally looking for one on a trailer or cradle. thanks

Aug 26, 2020
I’m still looking for one of these Oday models if anyone out there is thinking about parting ways with one. Thanks and happy spring!

Jun 29, 2010
Beneteau First 235 Lake Minnetonka, MN
I’m still looking for one of these Oday models if anyone out there is thinking about parting ways with one. Thanks and happy spring!
Why limit yourself to O'Day? They have been out of business for many years and the designs are old and the build quality can be suspect. Yes, I used to own an O'Day so I can contribute.......

Aug 26, 2020
Thanks for chiming in. Actually I am not limiting myself to Odays it’s just that this is an Oday owners forum so….
I’m open to any suggestions you may have! I like these two models because the shallow draft wing keels are nice for where I like to sail and areas I like to access. I also like odays because they are affordable and honestly when compared to the boats I’ve looked at locally in my limited price range show less signs of aging. What other low draft models would you suggest in the 23-27 foot range. Thanks in advance for your time!

Jun 29, 2010
Beneteau First 235 Lake Minnetonka, MN
I understand difficulties finding boats close by, I drove from MN to FL for my current boat. It's a Beneteau First 235. Have a look, checks a lot of boxes. What's your budget? Maybe a Hunter 23.5, a friend of mine has one and he likes it. Catalina 25 with a swing keel may work for you too. As long as you have a vehicle to tow it. Not really a trailer sailor, just for moving to and from the lake and storage. There are lots of opportunities out there, sometimes it just takes some patience and the ability to walk away if there are issues. Good luck and I hope I have been at least a little bit helpful.

Aug 26, 2020
Now I’m jealous! I’ve been crushing on a First 235 for over a year. Not seen one pop up on my local market yet. I am going to see a cat 25 wing keel on a trailer in a few weeks that has some potential