Looking for a trailer in Maryland

Dec 31, 2018
Catalina 22 West River
Greetings all,

I am looking for a trailer to rent from a private individual in Maryland or surrounding States to move my Catalina 22, with swing keel, from the marina to my house. Just purchased the boat and want to work on it this winter and spring. Would only need the trailer for a few days. If you have a trailer, I am willing to go grab it and return it on time. please let me know if you are willing to help!

Hank

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Sorry Hank. I don't live nearby nor do I have the right trailer. Have you tried Craigslist? Someone wanting to sell their boat may be open to a rental agreement of the trailer for a few days. Make sure the agreement is in writing and signed by both parties. Also a deposit to be returned when trailer is returned in same condition as you first rented it in. Take before pictures with a date stamp.
The van we rented from Sixt, out of the airport in Edinburgh, had plenty of dings, scrapes and dents on it. We took pictures before leaving. We took pictures upon dropping it off too. It was before they openned, so no one to sign off on it.
Almost three month's later we got a letter claiming we owed them 400 pounds in damages (the max deductible). We did no damage. The letter claimed it was their second letter to us. We fired off an email when we did get a second letter telling us to pay or they would pursue legal avenues against us. We sent emails to them telling them we left the van in the same shape we rented it in, but if they would tell us what damages we might have done and send the pictures of the damaged, we would pay what we owed. No itemized list, no pictures, just a reply with the internal damage claim # as proof. It makes it hard to enjoy a beautiful country like Scotland a second time.
Sorry for the vent.
Make sure everything is clear, understood, complete and agreed upon. It's not really that hard.
Here's one in Philadelphia https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/boa/d/harleysville-catalina-22-sailboat-with/6767914087.html
Good luck Hank.
And Happy 2019.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Apr 11, 2017
Catalina C22 Solomon's Island, MD
If you don't get any leads, you might try calling Dave's Trailer Sales in Glen Burnie - (410) 761-6460.
I've talked with them a number of times in the past, and they've been generally informal and helpful. There's a slim chance they might have an old sailboat trailer they could rent. The obvious issue is the keel support, which makes the whole thing a little more complicated, as I'm sure you know. If you can swing it, it's great to have the trailer at hand, even if you plan to keep it in water most of the time. Good luck--