Looking for a swing keel - Found

Eleven

Feb 4, 2021
. . St Louis
Just posted on the parts search forum but trying here too. I'm looking for a C22 swing keel, cast iron if possible. Doesn't need to be pretty since I'll install it on a different boat with a different swinging pivot location.
I'm near Jacksonville Florida so somewhere nearby would be great.
Thank you so much.
Glauco

Dave Groshong

SBO Staff
Staff member
Jan 25, 2007
Catalina 22 Seattle
They weigh #500, should be plenty in salvage yards in S. Florida, and abandoned in people's backyards.

Sep 15, 2016
Catalina 22 Minnesota
Check the Catalina 22 facebook group as well. they come up every so often as boats are scrapped. Additionally I would contact the salvage yards as @Dave Groshong mentioned. In Florida you should have plenty of options.

Eleven

Feb 4, 2021
. . St Louis
Thank you for the ideas. I have joined the Facebook group and started contacting local salvage yards. The first one said I'm 2 years late since they scrapped one but gave me the name of another place. Appreciate your help.

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Last edited:

Eleven

Feb 4, 2021
. . St Louis
sail sfbay, thanks, great suggestions. I have contacted Catalina and the new one costs $2,950 plus shipping so hoping for a cheaper option since it has to be modified anyway. Just sent a message to 411 marine, they are not too far from me and would be a good option.
That one on smartmarineguide is a good find too, just a bit far away. I know it is out there so appreciate your help.

Nov 19, 2019
Catalina 22 Gainesville, FL
I'll sell you mine for $2750.00. (comes with a boat, motor and trailer)

Eleven

Feb 4, 2021
. . St Louis
Thank you CavuDave, still trying to find just the keel so getting rid of the rest of the boat doesn't become even a bigger hassle.

Eleven

Feb 4, 2021
. . St Louis

Attachments