Looking for a large mesh sheet bag

Jun 25, 2004
Corsair F24 Mk1 003 San Francisco Bay, CA
Hi,

I want to hang a mesh sheet bag underneath the traveler beam. The traveler beam spans the cockpit between the two seats. I need a pretty large one for the mainsheet. At least 18 inches wide by about 12 inches wide. I can’t find any thing like this online.

Thanks for any leads in advance.
Judy

Oct 22, 2014
Pearson P303 #221 RockPort Maine
Hi,

I want to hang a mesh sheet bag underneath the traveler beam. The traveler beam spans the cockpit between the two seats. I need a pretty large one for the mainsheet. At least 18 inches wide by about 12 inches wide. I can’t find any thing like this online.

Thanks for any leads in advance.
Judy
Do you mean 18 wide by 12 long?? or a cylinder bag that starts out 18" dia. down to 12" dia.

Jun 25, 2004
@StargazerP303
A squarish mesh bag with a width/opening of 18 inches or more, that hangs down about 12 inches or less.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
This seems like what you are describing Judy

https://www.atlanticriggingsupply.com/lashbagwsn.html
Product Description
Large Sheet Bag w/ Snaps

Keep sheets, halyards, and other lines from underfoot with a polyester mesh sheet bag. Sheet bags come with snaps and include mounting hardware. Lifeline bags attach using a hook-and-loop closure. Both styles feature elastic openings.

• Canvas Fabric: Polyester Mesh
  • Height: 12"
  • Length: 20"
  • Depth: 2"

I know nothing about this company or product; just found the bag through a google search. They want $33.75 for it. Free shipping looks availible on orders over $100.

Judy, I'm surprised you don't just sew your own. I guess you were serious when you said you've retired.:poke:

-Will (Dragonfly)

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Use Phifertex to make your own. It comes in different colors and patterns.

Sailrite sells it.

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
The trick is finding one you can leave in place while sailing.......

Dec 28, 2015
Laser, Hunter H30 Cherubini Tacoma
I made all of my line bags out of trampoline material. A little stiff but they work great

Oct 2, 2008
Pearson/ 530 Strafford, NH
Phifertex
Use Phifertex to make your own. It comes in different colors and patterns.

Sailrite sells it.
That's the stuff, some bags were all Phifertex, some were from an old sail and Phifertex on the bottom for air and draining.

RussC

Sep 11, 2015
Merit 22- Oregon lakes
Another vote for the Phifertex from sailrite. I sewed my own bags a couple years ago for our little boat and they've worked out nicely. I sewed a piece of vinyl tubing into the edge to help hold it open. easy stuff to work with.
P1060837.jpg

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
I should think this a rather simple and swift project. Simply measure exactly how long you want the bag to be, buy twice that in netting and sew it together as needed. If you've got kids, make it a project for them. If really wanted to get fancy, you could put a bit of batten around the top to keep it open. Button or twist snaps can be had at any chandler.

Jun 25, 2004
Thanks for all the suggestion about making my own sheet bag, but I have zillions of other project that are much higher priority and very little time before departing on a trip . With so little time, I would prefer to buy one.

The Harken one that Will suggested is a good example of what I am looking for, but it's divided into two smaller pockets. I need one big pocket. Davis used to sell them, but no longer.

Nov 8, 2010
Thanks for all the suggestion about making my own sheet bag, but I have zillions of other project that are much higher priority and very little time before departing on a trip . With so little time, I would prefer to buy one.

The Harken one that Will suggested is a good example of what I am looking for, but it's divided into two smaller pockets. I need one big pocket. Davis used to sell them, but no longer.
13x18 single pocket

http://www.apsltd.com/sheet-bags13-quot-x-18-quot-screw-mount-pair.html

APS rocks for performance boat thingies.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2012
Oday 192 Lake Nockamixon
Nov 8, 2010
Clay, thank you. That's what I'm looking for. The picture looks like the bag is divided into two pockets, but I called to confirm it's a single large pocket.

It's too bad they come in sets of two, I only need one!
You can always give me one! ;^)))

Oct 2, 2008
Pearson/ 530 Strafford, NH
Clay, thank you. That's what I'm looking for. The picture looks like the bag is divided into two pockets, but I called to confirm it's a single large pocket.

It's too bad they come in sets of two, I only need one!
Give it to a friend to use in their car.