Looking for a Hunter 31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 4, 2007
Hunter 33.5 Elbow, Saskatchwen, Can.
I've been looking for a 31 for about 6 months now. I have even paid for a survey on one. I know it's still winter in most on the northern areas i'm looking at but maybe some of you will know of a boat that isn't listed on-line or that's sitting on the hard that's forsale. Or maybe you are thinking about selling yours. I would prefer a boat in the Great Lakes area (shipping costs are high). I will answer all e-mails Thanks

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Reminder

Please contact via email, by clicking on his name. Do not post your boat for sale here. Thanks!

Sep 4, 2007
Hunter 33.5 Elbow, Saskatchwen, Can.
Is it to early

No one has replied to my post and i was wondering if it was to early in the year to start looking for a sailboat? When do the majority of sailboats come up forsale? Is there a season for sales? Should I enlist the help of a broker? If so do you call all the brokers in the area you live in and let them know your looking? Or just keep checking the adds on line? Does anyone know of another forum to post on that is as well read as this one? If so could you let me know. Thanks Don

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Welcome Don

Any time of year is fine, and off season will frequently get you a better price. There are plenty of 31's for sale and posting in forums is probably not the most efficient way to find one. Check our classifieds (click the tab above) and also go to http://www.yachtworld.com. They have more boats online than anyone although none are FSBO. You might also check http://www.boattrader.com and Sail Texas. They both have plenty of boats for sale, too. Brokers can certainly help. I don't recommend contacting them all. If you have a Hunter dealer in your area that's the place to start. If not, just ask around a marina and find out who the owners there recommend. Find one broker you trust and work through him/her. Good luck!

May 21, 2004
Hunter 31_83-87 Milwaukee South Shore Yacht Club
Did you get my email?

I sent you an email about a couple of boats at our marina last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.