Looking for a gypsy

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
If any of you happen to find yourselves in a used marine parts chandlery, if you could inquire about a gypsy, Lofrans part number and description: 631036 1/2'' G40 FALKON / TITAN / PROJECT 2000 / X4 / X3.5-Windlasses, we would sincerely appreciate it.
There are so many of those places in the states now, it's hard to get emails out to all of them.
Thanks in advance.

Aug 22, 2017
Hunter 26.5 West Palm Beach
What's wrong with your old one? Are the teeth chewed up? Is the center worn out? Something else? Sometimes those things are repairable.

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
What's wrong with your old one? Are the teeth chewed up? Is the center worn out? Something else? Sometimes those things are repairable.
If I want to switch to stainless chain, I'll need that gypsy. I would much rather the heavier BBB chain than the G-40, but no one makes ½" stainless BBB chain.
I did find one for $750 in the Ukraine, but after the first exchange in English, they don't speak English anymore and won't respond. ODD. This is a very expensive item and not popular enough to warrant leaving it on the shelf long. I went from 3/8" to ½" and got that one for a bit over $300 for that very reason.
Just shootin in the dark, so to speak.