looking for a captain

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Laurel

My Mother and I recently purchased a 36' Macgregor Cat which is docked in Florida. We have started a business in Cancun Mexico and are in search of a captain who will sail the boat from Florida to Mexico. We had originally thought that would be an easy task but are finding out most people do not know what the Macgregor cat looks like or how it handles. If there is a captain who either owns, owned or sailed macgregors and would like the challenge and adventure please email me at "lgonyaw@yahoo.com" Thank You.

J

Jim Hall

Captain

I have a 1981 Mac36 catamaran currently in the restoration process. Where is your boat? I'm living in the FL Keys and am interested in your timeframe for the crossing to Mexico. I would need more specific info on what you are willing to pay captain and crew (it would take at least one crew member to make the trip safely) Additionally, more information on the boat is needed (i.e. electronics, rig, aux. power, etc.) to commit to this job. Send me more specific info and I can consider this myself or pass it on to other sailors I know. Jim

J

Jamie Shreeves

Crew Member

I see you have an interested captain involved with this vessel and now you have a crew member that is interested. I am a college guy who has a Macgegor 26S and have been sailing for a few years now. How much would you be willing to pay a crew member to take it down there?

L

Laurel

Captain Hall & Jamie

Thank you for responding, I will try to answer all of your questions but if I miss something you can email me directly for more info. We are negotiatable on wages and would pay a daily wage plus expensives and airfare back to the states. Description of the boat: 78' heavy rigging, single dagger board everything new in the last seven years except hulls. 3 nets all solid poly 2 new/1 good, 15 hp johnson outboard w/internal controls and 15 gallon fuel tank. Motor is like new and in very good condition. Not sure of the fuel consumption but will find out if and get back to you. Sails in good condition/ main, genoa, working jib, spinnaker. Good electric wiring lights and VHF radio antenna (there is no radio on the boat but one will be purchased before you leave) There is a hand held GPS unit. Also a rubber raft and flare kit, just purchased. That is all the equipment but we are willing to supply you with what you need within reason. The boat is in Bradenton Fl. at the yacht club. Please email me directly for more info. Thanks. Laurel (lgonyaw@yahoo.com)

JCAL

Dec 14, 2008
Hunter 27, 1990 Lake Charles
MacGregor 36.

Laurel I don't know what your circumstances are however the MacGregor 36 was made to trailer. Why don't you have a trailer built and pull it down or have someone pull it down. Just a thought! Good Luck! Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.