Looking for a Cal 35, possibly a Cal 39 in New England for sale

ddines

Jun 15, 2009
2 29 Salem
Hi,

I currently own a 2-29 and am looking to move up in size for creature comforts. I have been considering similar boats in roughly the same quality/cost range (like C&C, Pearson and Tartan), but am finding I like Cal's overall value proposition.

There was a 35 for sale advertised locally earlier in the year that looked really nice and was not able to act in time. My requirements are flexible, and am willing to consider most any condition, including ones that need engine work.

I am open to a 39, I have seen quite a few advertised locally that look good, but am not sure if I want the added expense of the extra 4 ft.

Would like to get feedback on 35 vs 39 and if anyone is willing to part with theirs.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
DD. In the middle of the refit and on the opposite coast but if you got too much money and really need her send me a PM.

The CAL35 C is a rare breed in cruising boats. 120 were launched. I have seen only a handful on the web. Solid built thick hull. Powered by a 47HP 4017 Perkins pushes the boat at near 7 knots. Sail plan - 100% jib and Main will drive the boat at 6.2 in 15 -18 knots. The Pilot House styled salon means you get 360 degree view of your surroundings from the dry warmth of the salon. The design is a proven winner here in the Pacific NW where the weather touches you and the fog creeps onto the anchorage at night.
SV-Hadley 02SEP2016.jpg

ddines

Jun 15, 2009
2 29 Salem
Thanks for the response, though I am going to stay on this coast for the time being :). I will let you know if I have no luck here.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I was out on the water when you last posted. I'm moving through some 1000 messages. Just found your response.

I look forward to hearing your success.

Funny thing, I got a message from one of the SBO staff asking me about listing the boat. Never heard back from him.