Looking for 260 in Canada

Jul 2, 2021
Hunter 260 Ottawa
Might one of you fine Canadian sailors be looking to part with a hunter 260, wheel preferred.

My dream awaits!

Thanks
Victor

Jul 2, 2021
Hunter 260 Ottawa
You are not the only one.......I saw 2 listings for Canadians wanting a 260.
But I'm likely a nicer person!

The admiral says the boat is a unicorn. We missed one by a few hours earlier this week, in midland looking and missed on in Montreal.

Next Week!

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
You got to be quick.......when I purchased my Hunter 46 one of my marina wanted one so bad they looked all over the U.S. but came up empty......and settled on a similar size sailboat by a different manufacturer.

Jul 2, 2021
Hunter 260 Ottawa
We are trying to find a 260 with a wheel, which makes it a little more difficult up here it seems. I can get a Catalina 250 with a wheel, wing keel, but the keel isn't a box checked, and 4'7" headroom puts it off the list entirely.

Jul 2, 2021
Hunter 260 Ottawa
We drove 6 hours this week to look at a 26. The hull had delamination where it sits on the trailer bunks. The hull had 4 inches of deflection.

I contacted George from h260 Dot Com and asked him about it. He advised me to walk. We did.

Looks like the boat sold to some less wise sailor. Hopefully they can get a few more years out of the boat. Not a cheap issue to overlook.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Generally it would have been an issue with bunk board supports not being adjusted correctly. It would have been nice for a photo of that. I introduced every one of those boats

Jul 2, 2021
Hunter 260 Ottawa
I know, I wish I had snapped one.
I consider it luck as I fell in love with the boat as I pulled up in the truck. The first thing I did when I walked up to her was inspect the hull at the bunk. I haven't been around boats in 20 years but had this nagging that the defection at the bunks was a bad thing.
4 inches deep trailing off to nothing for about 4 feet from the front edge of the bunk to the rear.

The seller said something interesting which I didn't catch at first, "Don't empty the ballast in your driveway, it makes a hell of a mess."
He may have been driving home with it loaded with water or left it for a long period on the trailer ballast full, causing the damage.

Whoever purchased the boat will likely end up here.

Actually, I've found the advert and can offer a photo but it doesn't show the issue as I saw it, when I saw it. The area I have circled was indented 4 inches at the bunk.
216543136_10165527673245444_2924062355113455065_n.jpg

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
The genltman bought a Hunter 260 with heat and air, shore power,, roller furling, etc.. Found out I commissioned and sold that boat originally.